Complete France Forum

In a normal, democratic country these things don't happen

I discovered Man U just after the air crash when I was in Africa, in the flimsy version of the Mirror that was sent to the colonies and I fell for them forever. I doubt you go back that far. Anyway, I don't need to see the Pope to be Catholic! Apart from Yeovil Town which came later.

[quote user="Martin963"]...  Which was presumably why he was nearly impeached.  ...[/quote]

I think Mr Clinton's ... er ... diversions were a pretext, not  the reason, for the attempted impeachment. The Republicans in Congress were just out to wreck the presidency, for their own political ends, by any method they could. In spite of his indiscretions, Bill Clinton was immensely popular and generally considered to be a successful president. You could say that of all the characteristics required of a political leader, chastity is the least important.

Now, Berlusconi is a whole different kettle of fish ...

[quote user="just john "]typical Man U supporter, probably never even bought a pie at the ground![/quote]

the difference an emoticon (or lack of) makes, . . . just repeating the stereotype Man U joke[:D]

[quote user="woolybanana"]I discovered Man U just after the air crash when I was in Africa, I doubt you go back that far. [/quote]

Wish that was so, I was 11 when the Busby Babes crashed at Munich, though I was shocked I was more excited by Hawthorn in the Vanwall and Surtees on Augusta at the TT, petrolhead eversince, faintly irritated by tribes kicking a pigs bladder around.[:D][:P]

Edit; In any case personal pecadillos that can be kept behind closed doors is one thing, once outed, I don't trust the miscreatants to be responsible with anything else, particularly squandering EU funds that are supported by the UK and indirectly our tax revenues. Worse still I see this ongoing situation as clear indication of EU's impotence to control the miscreatants to the detriment of the contributing states.[:(]

[quote user="Clarkkent"]

of all the characteristics required of a political leader, chastity is the least important.

Now, Berlusconi is a whole different kettle of fish ...

[/quote]I agree.

As to which team of namby-pamby football players a guy supports, well....  who gives a ****?

Archived