Complete France Forum

Mobile phone blocked - help

Kitty

What a loopyloo I have been.  Thinking that I was using my husband's mobile phone, I entered the PIN three times incorrectly, realising too late that I was using my mobile phone (that has a difference PIN).  The phone has not blocked me from using it and I need a PUK code, which I do not have.

Some facts:

* I bought the Nokia phone (20 euros - cheap and cheerful) from LeClerc.

* I have a monthly contract with Orange France for unlimited texts and limited calls.

Who do I go to to get it unblocked?  What do I do?  Thank you in advance if you can help...

Customer support at the SIM card provider. If that's Orange FR, well, good luck. [Www] They're not exactly falling over themselves to assist or support, but you may be lucky and get someone who at least tries to help.

How about trying here first: http://assistance.orange.fr/obtenir-le-code-puk-pour-debloquer-votre-carte-sim-1877.php#1

(This assumes that you have espace client access.)

[quote user="Kitty"]... and I need a PUK code, which I do not have. [/quote]

If you still have the card that your sim was attached to when you bought it then your PUK code will be on there.

Mine looked something like this one :

[IMG]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTKo3H6RZWOXHJWcGfgd8WkmwqPFESirjs2R682uiZQY1S7zxbFKQ[/IMG]

Otherwise you will have to ring Orange and, after verifying who you are, they should give you the code.

Sue

Thank you everyone.  Very helpful information.  It was great that it was in the right order with the Wiki explanation first, so that I could understand things better.

I shall visit our nearest Orange shop and see what I can do.  There are always queues in the shop and so I shall need to be patient.  I'll let you know how I get on.  In future, I shall keep the SIM card or write the PUK codes down.

I visited our Orange shop.

After a wait of about 20 mins (why do they understaff Orange shops?), they gave me my PUK code but I had to pay 9 euros for the privilege, which is a standard charge for them looking at your details on the computer.

My phone is now unlocked.  In future, I shall be keeping my PUK code somewhere safe (and trying not to be so silly as to put a wrong code in - 3 times).

Thank you everyone for helping.

[quote user="Kitty"]... they gave me my PUK code but I had to pay 9 euros for the privilege, which is a standard charge for them looking at your details on the computer.

[/quote]

My goodness ... yet another new charge, for something that I thought was free before.

Sue

Archived