Complete France Forum

I am French

LN

[quote user="NormanH"]I think you mean the 'average' age.

Moyen Age is the Middle Ages in a historical sense

but moyen in the way you mean it is 'average' in English.

[/quote]

Thank you! It is very helpfull!

[quote user="LN"]Hi! Thanks you, I don't know what is the middle age here![/quote]

I used to make a similar mistake in French when replying to the frequently asked question "why did you leave England", I would say that it was "une crise de moyen age" instead of "une crise de la quarantaine" [:D]

Trouble was, and still is that people wont correct me, I have learned to recognise the bemused look but I was saying for several years that I had had a middle ages crisis [:(]

[quote user="Chancer"]

[quote user="LN"]Hi! Thanks you, I don't know what is the middle age here![/quote]

I used to make a similar mistake in French when replying to the frequently asked question "why did you leave England", I would say that it was "une crise de moyen age" instead of "une crise de la quarantaine" [:D]

Trouble was, and still is that people wont correct me, I have learned to recognise the bemused look but I was saying for several years that I had had a middle ages crisis [:(]

[/quote]

It could be fun! :)

Are you speaking french? or anyone here?

[quote user="woolybanana"]Yes, LN, I bet you haven't seen a wild elephant in your region for years and years because they have all been killed off. So sad not to see herds roaming the Haute Savoie any more.

Any other question would have been banal![/quote]

Surely, dear Wools, you mean that "all my questions are banane"?

Archived