Complete France Forum

To kiss or not to kiss... and modern culture

chessie

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]Brt wrote :

"They earn roughly the same and have a lower cost of living"

Methinks not Brit.

I don't know anyone here in France who would not earn a higher wage in the UK.

Cost of living is probably about the same but taxes are far higher. So life is more expensive.[/quote]

The quote was from The Economist. I suppose they might know more than you. Perhaps not?

Norman - Oh come on - what a rather unhappy comment.    This report, from the FRENCH media, was reported in the Guardian, the DM as well as other British newspapers.    There was NO Brit bashing, or French bashing involved - that's a strange perspective from someone and wasn't reflected in the article.

Rather sad that a simple factual statement from a French newspaper, about a French citizen, gets turned on its head from what the light-hearted original post was intended to be.

What's wrong with everyone ?

Can't we at least start the New Year being kind and respectful to each other....?

Happy bisous -

Chessie

LittleBit - awww - now I can see the funny side of that;  -

along the lines of 'how young, how handsome etc etc....' !!!  Good looking, clean skin, nice 'fresh from shower' scent... yum, yum.

Old, grubby, whiskery - uhhm - back away quickly.

Oh naughty, naughty me.......

Chessie

I was in Dover ferry passport control a while ago when it was the French teams shift change. They were happily kissing (male / female) goodbye. I have spent a lot of time in UK police stations over the years ,but that was a first

Archived