Complete France Forum

finding an English/French solicitor for a house purchase

virginia.c

We used Christine Collier who is based in Plymouth. We could not fault her. She was thorough and efficient, included advice on inheritance law, all for less than £1k.

She is french, married to an english doctor and is qualified in both the UK and France.

cheminot

Plenty of advice here,I do not know where you are in France, but I used a wonderful notaire in Limoges who spoke perfect english , he has looked after me regarding other matters in the past regarding my divorce,he is young and really knows his stuff and despite french notaires acting on behalf of the french goverment, Ireally felt he was doing everything possible to make things straightforward and uncomplicated, please PM me if you want his name.

Yes, we have found our English speaking French notaire a real boon.  So much easier for Mr Cooperlola whose French isn't that hot, and great to have somebody here who can deal with our legal matters now we live here.  The use of legal help rarely ends completely with the house purchase and it's good to have somebody you trust just down the road.

Archived