Complete France Forum

Baby steps

Trump, in replying to a question following his meeting with the president of Finland, just defined treason in the US as being any statement against the president, specifically him.

What next? He's probably got the cash to get re-elected, so how about one party rule, as the others will be committing treason by opposing him?

I'm sure he's already got plenty of tips from Rocket man and Big Daddy Xi.

I just think that from day one he believed he had been elevated to the role of some sort of emperor and no one close to him has had the foresight to disabuse him properly of that idea.

Let's face it, it is apparent that he has not read the constitution of the USA, in fact, does he read anything anyway???

Where is that statement recorded?

From the transcript of joint press conference at 2.25 pm EDT :

"Jeff Mason from Reuters. Mr. President, I’d like to ask you about your use of the word “treason.” You used it repeatedly in the last few days. Do you consider anyone who opposes you treasonous?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No. No. I consider when they lie; when they stand before our great body in our great chamber, and they make up a story that’s fiction, like Schiff did. He took that perfect conversation I had with the Ukrainian President, and he made it into a total lie. It was a total fabrication. And you do admit that. It was a total fabrication."

[quote user="Meek Megan "]Where is that statement recorded? ..........................  [/quote]

I didn't see it recorded anywhere, I watched the press conference following his meeting with the Finnish president.

He said a lot more than in transcript above, including the remarks I quoted.

The word treason doesn't even appear in the piece you quote, whereas he used the word more than once.

I apologise for my OP. I must have been mistaken about what I heard. I have no idea how this happened.

Here is the complete recording of the interchange [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtZuPvGHenI[/url]

The question about treason is asked at 29m 40s.

The funny thing is, when I imagined what I heard Mr Trump say about making statements against the POTUS being treason, I remember asking my wife if she thought that that could be the case. She (says she) remembers this quite clearly.

I then went to my computer and "Googled" the definition of treason in the USA, which mainly seemed to consist of joining a foreign army or otherwise aiding a foreign power against the USA, which I didn't think fitted the definition I thought I heard from Mr Trump.

I find it hard to remember why I would do this if I had not heard Mr Trump use the word "treason".