Complete France Forum

Returnees from Wuhan

idun

Those returning from Wuhan have been told to self isolate.

Does anyone else think that this is sufficient, trusting people to do that???

What the alternative would be, well, I do not know. But in the interests of public safety, this certainly seems insufficient to me.

Bloke on tv tonight from China, saying all he wanted to do was get home the UK, to his family and something along the lines of a normal life.

A sentiment I understand, but, is that possible, exactly what does 'isolation' mean? What risk for this family he wants to see so much???

Just read the Australians are going to be quarantined on Christmas Island.

Sorry if this offends but:

The ex-pats in China are making a fuss about why the UK is not repatriating them. Just a minute, they have decided to move to China but expects those still resident in the UK to fund the repatriation.

[quote user="PaulT"]Just read the Australians are going to be quarantined on Christmas Island.

The ex-pats in China are making a fuss about why the UK is not repatriating them. Just a minute, they have decided to move to China but expects those still resident in the UK to fund the repatriation.[/quote]

I take your point Paul, but some of these will be people working out there and whose Companies are in no position to ‘get them out’.

Those who have chosen to make their life there, probably have no particular wish to leave. Where would they go to back in the UK?

Let’s put it another way - I’d hope that as a British passport holder, I’d be assisted by HM Govt in a time of difficulty if I needed it.

[quote user="Gardian"][quote user="PaulT"]Just read the Australians are going to be quarantined on Christmas Island.

The ex-pats in China are making a fuss about why the UK is not repatriating them. Just a minute, they have decided to move to China but expects those still resident in the UK to fund the repatriation.[/quote]

I take your point Paul, but some of these will be people working out there and whose Companies are in no position to ‘get them out’.

Those who have chosen to make their life there, probably have no particular wish to leave. Where would they go to back in the UK?

Let’s put it another way - I’d hope that as a British passport holder, I’d be assisted by HM Govt in a time of difficulty if I needed it.[/quote]

Who said they chose to make their life there?

They might just have been sent to work there, or even been on holiday.