Complete France Forum

Ça caille!

Ça caille!

There is little more to be said. I have not known it so ruddy cold at the beginning of May as it is today.

In France they say the Saints de Glace......... gardeners beware...... so beware if this is coming your way. Brass monkey weather!

I have a scary memory of driving up to Doncaster from South Wales on the first of May and the forecast said "unseasonal weather".

I had my little MG Midget (with the fold-down hood) and that wire across the middle of the windscreen with tiny one-speed only wipers and I well remember having to stop and get the snow out of the exhaust as the floor of the car was scooping up the snow.

When I eventually arrived at my friends' just outside Doncaster, I had no feeling whatsoever in my wrists.

Well April and 1st of May mentioned but those three 'glace' saints are the 11th, 12th and 13th of May........ almost the middle of May.

Thing is that I cannot remember almost mid May being this cold. And it was glorious for our 'street' party last Friday, and glorious on Saturday too....... cooler yesterday, and today, WOW what a difference, forecast but never the less shock to my system.

mint I remember a couple of friends with MG Midgets, what a job getting into one with a mini skirt on, the length of which is called a tunic now and in fact  tunics are longer than the minis I wore (not just me ofcourse, we all did all girl my friends)!

[quote user="mint"]
I have a scary memory of driving up to Doncaster from South Wales on the first of May and the forecast said "unseasonal weather".

I had my little MG Midget (with the fold-down hood) and that wire across the middle of the windscreen with tiny one-speed only wipers and I well remember having to stop and get the snow out of the exhaust as the floor of the car was scooping up the snow.

When I eventually arrived at my friends' just outside Doncaster, I had no feeling whatsoever in my wrists.

[/quote]

You wouldn't have got snow up the exhaust if you had driven in forward gear!

You'd have got there sooner too[:D]