Complete France Forum

My village has gone mad

Since the end of lockdown ( well, some time before the official date) village of something less than 300 souls has gone nuts; It feels as if half the houses in the village are having major surgery ranging from new roofs to semi demolition and reconversion.

The village population is getting younger as the property left by the older generation is snapped up. It is, I think, a sign of confidence and of cheap money but It doesnt half put the noise level up.

Jack hammers, drills, saws, cranes..... they all seem to be going at the same time.

Even the pavements have been done.

What next? Well I put my money on superfast broadband as there are notices throughout the area announcing its imminent arrival. Which of course means digging up the new pavements!

Well, there we are, back to the garden, fruit picking and deadheading today Plus a bit of repotting.

Nice is retirement!

This is really really good. Getting properties sorted is a very very good idea.

Noisy, well, that is simply what happens isn't it.

At least you don't live in an appt, if all your neighbours were doing their bricolage, then it would be REALLY noisy.  In our first year, we could tell which of our neighbours in our various appartments were well off or poor. Some used hammers all the time, and others had electric drills.[:D]