Complete France Forum

Muslim backlash against France

NormanH

We have already aired our views on the events themselves in another thread.

I am posting this to highlight the posssible heightening of tension that may result from the crackdown by the French authorities.

It is of most concern perhaps  to  those who live inner city multi-ethnic areas, as I do, but I think  everyone should be aware.
There can be flare-ups in small apperently quiet communities as happened in Trèbes (not far from nomoss) two  years ago.

I agree Norman.  There will likely be more flare-ups.

It seems to me there are more and more personal insults flying around than there used to be not too long ago.  I blame a big part of this on Mr. TRUMP.   Yes, there have always been the ones we could rely on to call another head of state 'mentally ill' or some such insulting slur.  Now, it seems to be becoming an acceptable norm.  I don't like it.

Recalling an Ambassador is serious business IMO.  I certainly understand why he did it.  If what happened to Prof. PATY was a result of a fatwa as was stated, I don't see how Mr. ERDOGAN's comments are much different.  Of course, this is only my opinion.  The personal safety of both Mr. MACRON and the Ambassador to Turkey are not helped by such comments.  And Mr. ERDOGAN knows this full well.

And by all means, let them boycott French products.  We can use more of them here.  With the craziness of Pandemic buying, stores around here can barely keep stocks up.