Complete France Forum

Norfolklines hidden charges

Chancer

Perhaps they have been taking lessons from Ryanliar.

They are still very cheap for off peak crossings and I will continue to use them but they manage to hide the real fare just like the above.

I tried to book an early morning crossing at the last minute, headline price £19, very good so far.

£3 fuel surcharge is added on at very nearly the end quickly followed by either a £5 surcharge for credit card or £1 surcharge for debit card.

Given that they use the word surcharge I would like to know how they can be avoided as you cannot turn up and pay with cash and telephone bookings have another £5 surcharge.

Luckily for me their web-site was sulking and I had to book through a booking agent (who I normally ignore expecting their prices to be higher) to my surprise it was the same price at £22 (no mention of fuel surcharge) without any credit or debit card charges.

I think it was aferryto.com but there are many others.

Take heed and avoid the avoidable [:)]

We use NF not only because they are usually the cheapest but also because (space permitting - and it's never us failed yet) they will always let you onto the sailing prior to the one actually booked for free, and occasionally I've even sneaked onto the one before that [;-)]

You can sympathise with them to a degree what with the price of fuel etc. but I think the very word 'surcharge' is unneccessarily provocative and suggestive of something underhand. Why not just say 'fee' because then everybody understands exactly what it is.

I too have found that broker or booking agent prices can sometimes beat those on offer direct so it does pay to shop around.

[quote user="J.Rs gone native"][quote user="Iceni"]

JR

You were aware of these charges before you made the decision not to buy from NL - so how can you consider them to be hidden ?

John

[/quote]

I don't.

[/quote]

So the title "Norfolklines hidden charges" refers to ... ?

Confused and humid

I don't.....................................................................................................

I don't...................................................................................................

I don't.....................................................................................................

Want to play your silly game [:)]

Is that better John?  I sympathise, some posters seem to have a problem with remembering what they wrote  previously even though its staring them in the face....  and getting up their noses[6] .  Hidden  - Not hidden; asbestos -  not really asbestos, whats the difference????[:P]

Archived