Complete France Forum

Toll charges

PaulT

Find the various route planners, like mappy very useful in that they show what the toll charge is, unless you are not just travelling with a car.

We shall be towing a small trailer down on Friday. Is there a site where I can look up what the toll charges will be for this combination?

Thanks

Paul

If your combination does not exceed 2m in height and the towcar is under 3,500kgs, then it's the same price as a car.

Classe 1:

• Véhicule ayant une hauteur totale inférieure ou égale à 2 mètres, d’un PTAC inférieur ou égal à 3,5 tonnes
  • Ensemble roulant ayant une hauteur totale inférieure ou égale à 2 mètres avec un véhicule tracteur d’un PTAC inférieur ou égal à 3,5 tonnes
  •  

Sorry Pierre, there are induction loops cut into the tarmac to prevent that.

Cutting the tarmac, fitting and commissioning these used to be part of my metiér so I always look for them and have been known to tailgate the car in front on occasions to get a free ride.

I was most dissapointed to read recently on this forum that we dont pay for trailers, all this time I have been using the credit card lanes (after checking for the presence of an induction loop) thinking that I have been getting a free ride for the trailer.

So I suppose that it will be poetic justice if one day the sensors are hors service (which can happen if they are powered up with a vehicle over them, usually a very short power cut) and the guillotine comes down on my trailer.

Archived