Complete France Forum

Help with Ryanair , please !

Frenchie

I m flying on tuesday  , and I want to confirm my flight, as it is advised to do.. ( 72 to 24 hours before  departure), but as I have recently added a bag ( thanks to the info given on the forum, merci), I just can't seem to be able to confirm my flight now .

When I xheck my booking, it says " confirmed " , but it was done much before the 72 hour prior to flight time.

Id like to reconfirm now, within the time given.

Please help !!

I'm very stressed, I want to go !!!![:)]

Thanks, but it s not that.. I know about the airport check in..

I first thought a cabin baggage would be enough, but as I m flying to the north of England I m afraid the weather could be .. not so good.. so I va added a baggage , to put all my woolen socks in .. [:D]

No, what I mean is confirm the flight , as they advised to do..

I would say do not worry , the main purpose of "confirm" is to check the flight departure time has not been altered. I t gives the airlines a "get out " if you miss a flight because it left early . So sit back and take it easy , maybe play some music on the music thread [Www]

Frenchie

I fly Ryanair all the time!

Did you say when you booked that you wanted online-Check in or not?

And have you use this facility before?

If you did you can not not have bags!

If after booking you decide you want a bag then do not use the online-check in and just contact the reservation help-line and add the bags, you will then have to check-in at the airport.

Online check in is open between five days and 4 hour prior to your flight.

In nearly 40 years of flying in Europe, the Middle East, and SE Asia I've cannot recall ever having confirmed a flight with anybody, I do always make a point of trying to be at an airport at least a couple of hours before flight time though.

If I've booked and paid for a scheduled flight they'd damn well better not deny me boarding when I get there in good time for it simply because I haven't wasted a fortune on a mobile phone call to tell them that I'm coming [:'(]

[quote user="Frenchie"]

No, what I mean is confirm the flight , as they advised to do..

[/quote]

I am a little confused[8-)] who are 'they'? and how would you 'confirm'? I have never seen this on Ryanair, but there again I always check-in online!

Also, why would anyone opt for no bags and airport check-in and pay £8?[blink]

Any way none of this matters as you are now satisfied that all is OK[:)]

The only time we ever checked to confirm our flight (not Ryanair) we arrived at the airport 12 hours later only to be told that there would be a 7 hour delay!

I can't believe they didn't know that in advance.

Something to do with a plane being in the wrong country.

It meant we missed a glorious day of sunshine and spent the whole time in an airport trying to work out the best way of spending our 15euros compensation voucher.

(started with a double g and t)

[quote user="Jacqui Too "]Online check in is open between five days and 4 hour prior to your flight.[/quote]

This is what I don't quite get about Ryanair's online check-in. It's easy enough to do it for the outbound flight before leaving the UK but it's not always practical to check-in online for the inbound trip when you're out in the middle of nowhere and have more imporatant things to do than look for an internet cafe .

Last time I flew by Ryanair to Limoges I selected the checked in online option. This option seems to cover both inbound and outboud flights as you can't select them seperately I think. So I checked in online for the outbound flight and printed the boarding pass. On the way back I hadn't already checked in so I went to the desk where they checked me in without asking for any additional charges. Was this just a slip up on their part or is this normal practice?

I used to fly regularly to Amsterdam on Jet2 and often booked tickets a month in advance. Their system allowed me to check-in online as soon as I had bought the ticket so why does Ryanair only allow it up to 5 days?

Richard T

[quote user="Richard T"]

This is what I don't quite get about Ryanair's online check-in. It's easy enough to do it for the outbound flight before leaving the UK but it's not always practical to check-in online for the inbound trip when you're out in the middle of nowhere and have more imporatant things to do than look for an internet cafe .

If I can't get to a computer and printer I get my hubby/daughter to check-in for me from UK, and then get the boarding ticket from the Ryanair desk at the airport, did cost me 5€ last time though!

Last time I flew by Ryanair to Limoges I selected the checked in online option. This option seems to cover both inbound and outboud flights as you can't select them seperately I think.

If I have different needs for each leg of the trip I would book two different single flights, OK if you use Visa Electron no extra fees!

So I checked in online for the outbound flight and printed the boarding pass. On the way back I hadn't already checked in so I went to the desk where they checked me in without asking for any additional charges. Was this just a slip up on their part or is this normal practice?

Cost me 5€ last time I did that from Limoges, You must have a nice face!!

I used to fly regularly to Amsterdam on Jet2 and often booked tickets a month in advance. Their system allowed me to check-in online as soon as I had bought the ticket so why does Ryanair only allow it up to 5 days?

Richard T

[/quote]

Twice I have found it difficult to check in-on line as we have no internet at our place, so have to use an internet cafe or kind neighbour, first internet cafe's printer did not work so I had to wait till I was at the airport and get a boarding card from the desk, second Ryanair's web site was playing up and we could not print out that day , but succeeded the next day.

Thanks a lot to all of you who have posted answers on this thread, I appreciate. I have made no further confirmation, but it seems, just like Krusty, that the flight is already  " confirmed" ( that was done a few days ago when I added a bag..)

When I write " THEY asiked for confirmation .." I meant the Ryanair company. I got a mail stating it was necessary to cinfirm flight between 72 to 24 hours before departure.. "

But as none of you seems to be bothered doing that, I ll do just the same.

You were all helpful , so MERCI !!

The 72-24 hour re-confirmation seems to be a catch-all used by many, maybe all, airlines.

I have never, ever done it.

I asume it is part of either the IATA or Warsaw convention conditions which means that if the airline has changed the flight schedule then if you did not re-confirm and miss the flight because they brought it forward, you would not have full cover.  Other European legislation however applies. 

Don't worry Frenchie, you can still go to the ball.

[quote user="ErnieY"]In nearly 40 years of flying in Europe, the Middle East, and SE Asia I've cannot recall ever having confirmed a flight with anybody, I do always make a point of trying to be at an airport at least a couple of hours before flight time though.

[/quote]

Like you Ernie I never ever used to confirm flights until one time in Singapore where I turned up pretty late for an SIA flight to Amsterdam. There was great consternation when I went to check in - supervisor was called - manager was called - great long discussions taking about 40 minutes which I was not party to. About twenty minutes in I demanded to know what the problem was - girl at the desk told me they had given  my seat to somebody else .  Was then just left at the check-in desk. (they had already closed the other ones). Started to get nervous as we are now about 10 mins from take-off.

Eventually girl returns prints me out a boarding pass. I get on the plane - plenty of empty seats around me. What they meant was that they had given my "allocated seat" to somebody else. Talk about making mountains out of molehills - still don't understand why they simply didn't ask me if I would accept a change of seat.

For a while after that I confirmed flights - particularly if I had not flown outwards with the same airline.

Have no idea why Ryanair are now asking for confirmations (many other airlines have done away with it altogether)- got to be something to do with protecting themselves I guess.

rgds

hagar

Yes, I did...

Here ' s a copy of the mail I got

THANK YOU FOR BOOKING WITH RYANAIR

Please do not reply to this e-mail.

Passengers are advised to reconfirm their flight times using the REVIEW function in the Manage My Booking section from 24 to 72 hours prior to scheduled departure – click below

So it is just for confirmation of the time then. As I say though I (we) always endeavour to be at an airport at least 2 hours before flight time and it's not uncommon to be the first in the queue when the check-in desk opens [:)]

For all appointments we'd rather be an hour early than 5 minutes late, unfortunately there are far too many people who's philosophy seems to be the exact opposite [:(]

I pass through Amsterdam every couple of weeks and there is an absolutely constant stream of tannoy announcements for so and so on flight XYZ 'you are delaying the flight and your bags are being unloaded', what it is with these people, they are obviously checked in and in the terminal so what is going on in their brains, it just baffles me [8-)]

Hi Polremy, I know banks do have Electron cards but they just don't seem to talk about them. They are for the great unwashed (Students).

You can get an Electron card from the Post office, they call it the travel money card or something (title almost as long as their queue's)

You need to take I.D with you and charge it with a minimum of £50.00.  If you charge it with sterling you will pay a handling fee 1.5% min £3.00 I believe.  Charge it with Euros and you don't pay anything.

Hope that helps save some money with Ryanair as they now charge the same for Debit cards as Credit cards.

[quote user="teapot"]

Hi Polremy, I know banks do have Electron cards but they just don't seem to talk about them. They are for the great unwashed (Students).

[/quote]

What a load of old rot!!!

I am certainly not a 'great unwashed student'[:-))]

I have a Halifax cardcash account and the card is Visa Electron! 

Archived