Complete France Forum

Re: You can now pay Taxe d'habitation and redevance audiovisuelle by monthly direct debit

BJSLIV

When I put this argument to my admittedly rather financially naive neighbours they looked at me as if I was from another planet and couldnt grasp at all why I would not want to pay in advance.

These same people each lease hired new cars on their failing restaurant business because, and I quote, "if you borrow money to buy the car you not only pay for the car but interest as well" - "yes and your point is?" - "this way we are not paying interest, only paying for the car". - Which they dont and will never own!

Last week they told me that they want to sell  their restaurant fond de commerce, a snip at only 160,000 euros for a business that has next to no clients every night and is dependant on the lunchtime trade from the factory opposite which is permanently under threat of closure.

Did I know any British who want to buy it they asked, oh well makes a change to we want to sell our house, do you ..............................

Archived