Complete France Forum

Exeter/Bristol to Bergerac

Rose

Dear all - we've just had a message from Flybe saying that the christmas flight we had booked has been cancelled.  Having checked their website it would seem that they have stopped taking bookings for flights after 23/10/09.  I've previously checked Ryanair and they seem to have stopped flights Bergerac to Bristol from end of September.

Is there something I'm missing here or have both airpines pulled the winter schedules? [blink]

Hi Cathy - thanks for the link.  We have been looking at other options but none are ideal.  Fortunatly we dont have to travel back to the UK that much but it is a nuisance!  We had booked and paid for the christmas fights for family coming to visit us a while ago... flybe just left a message on the phone saying the flight was cancelled and could we ring them to get a refund... oh and the calls cost 10p a minute!!! Greyman was not pleased!

We want to arrange for family to come out at half term at the end of October and for Christmas week.  Exeter to Bergerac with flybe was perfect but Bristol to Bergerac was not too bad and you can get good deals on that route with Ryanair.

We're hoping to go down to Perpignan in October so Toulouse would be a good option... we're also looking at Bezier.  Christmas we're hoping to find some snow so again Toulouse or maybe Pau are options? 

Whilst we now know Flybe have pulled the flights we're not sure if Ryanair have pulled them or just not added them yet?  But it's a bit late for October flights so my guess is they've pulled them too?

I guess this is going to make life difficult for commuters, which we both were this time last year... happily no longer... but I can just imagine how hard this will be for a lot of people!

[quote user="Rose"]

We had booked and paid for the christmas fights for family coming to visit us a while ago... flybe just left a message on the phone saying the flight was cancelled and could we ring them to get a refund... oh and the calls cost 10p a minute!!! Greyman was not pleased!

[/quote]

Sorry , off topic, but I wondered if that was an English tradition.. The " Christmas fight "  [:D]  

No kidding now, sorry about that situation, yes, it can become really annoying..

LOL... yes Frenchie... most english families will have a Christmas fight of some sort... usually after too many sherry's and before the dessert get's burned but it can also happen once the presents have been opened and you realise you bought the wrong gifts! [:D]

[quote user="Frenchie"][quote user="Rose"]

We had booked and paid for the christmas fights for family coming to visit us a while ago... flybe just left a message on the phone saying the flight was cancelled and could we ring them to get a refund... oh and the calls cost 10p a minute!!! Greyman was not pleased!

[/quote]

Sorry , off topic, but I wondered if that was an English tradition.. The " Christmas fight "  [:D]  

No kidding now, sorry about that situation, yes, it can become really annoying..

[/quote]

Well we have Boxing Day [:D]

Archived