Complete France Forum

Boston USA

Frenchie

Have you looked at 'Trip advisor' ? I have got very reasonable flights to the USA two years in a row by following one of their alerts...

The second time I went to Boston I travelled on Iceland Airways with a stop at Reykjavik, it was considerably cheaper but it was in 2003 so may not now be the case.  Boston is a great destination, from there I also visited Concord ( the Louisa M Alcott house is a particularly fond memory) and went even further afield to the Norman Rockwell museum in Stockbridge

I can't advise you on the best way to travel from France as I've only ever made the trip from the UK. I used to go there on business and really love the city. A lot to see and a rather more European feel to it than most US cities. Plenty of good sightseeing available including the Duck Tours.

Also the Freedom Trail.  This takes you to the USS Constitution and the Charlestown Navy Yard.

When I did it I got a lot of good humoured banter from the Americans as the Brits are the butt of the historical association. All very pleasant though. You won't have that problem though..[:)]

Newbury Street is very nice and if you can time your visit for when they have one of their street music festivals so much the better.

I booked direct with US Airways to Philly and it cost a little over €500. It was the cheapest of the direct flights I could find which should give you an idea of cost at present, seeing as they are near each other (comparatively speaking).

I did find one €100 cheaper but that flew to Chicago before coming back to Philly. Further flight time, yet €100 cheaper, go figure.

I tried many of these cheap comparison web sites yet discovered it was cheaper to book direct with the airline itself.

Thats why its a good idea to register with something like Trip Advisor or Expedia - last year I went to Dallas and was horrified at the fare first quoted, around the same as C de L but then got an offer through around the time of a US holiday.......so far I have paid around £350 ish for trips to Boston, Dallas and Washington (Washington may have been a little less)

BTW I don't do changes - direct only....

Thanks to all of you for the precious information.

In fact, a very good highschool & University  friend of mine got in touch with me through facebook , she's married an American  and lives in Boston, she would like me to visit.

Seems it is a great place to go, and I'd like to see her again so much !

I only know the south of the USA and California .

Merci encore !!

Archived