Complete France Forum

Lourdes/Tarbes to Manchester

I was delighted to see that bmibaby are continuing this twice weekly service next summer (April - October).  It flies every Monday and Friday at sensible times (14.35 from Lourdes) and there is ample free car parking at Lourdes airport. If you pick your dates you can fly for just over €100 return inc taxes this month which isn't bad for the school holidays.  Now the fight is on to get them to continue it through the winter (they have been canvassing passengers to assess the demand) which I think would make it the only direct service operating all year round from south west France to anywhere north of Bristol.

Val

OK, I stand corrected - I've just looked on the map and Stansted is further north than Bristol, so I'll amend my previous statement to say I believe there are no year-round flights from SW France to anywhere north of Stansted.   In fact there are year-round flights from Pau to Stansted, too, but the flight from the UK usually leaves at 6.45 am which means an overnight stay at the airport with an alarm call at 4.00a.m.  So we're hoping bmibaby decides the Manchester/ Lourdes service is worth a trial this winter.....

Val

Archived