Complete France Forum

Wish me Luck as you wave me Goodbye ............

Gardian

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="Russethouse"]

Its very tempting.....one care agency  keep moving a loose paving slab on the steps (it hasn't bothered numerous other people ) on health and safety grounds, a tad ironic as it was their staff who forgot to put the brakes on the commode, which meant that my mother ended up on the floor for several hours..... until the morning carers found her, luckily she had the presence of mind to pull the duvet over herself and the heating is on 'tropical' 24/7, but if she had broken her hip it could have been the end of her. Incidence like that are routinely reported to social services, but I doubt they do anything.

PS Its snowing again here.

[/quote]
Yet again a disgraceful example of thread drift

This is in the section Travelling to and From France, and it is by a Moderator!

[/quote]

A suggestion was made and I replied.

Merry Christmas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote user="Russethouse"][quote user="NormanH"][quote user="Russethouse"]

Its very tempting.....one care agency  keep moving a loose paving slab on the steps (it hasn't bothered numerous other people ) on health and safety grounds, a tad ironic as it was their staff who forgot to put the brakes on the commode, which meant that my mother ended up on the floor for several hours..... until the morning carers found her, luckily she had the presence of mind to pull the duvet over herself and the heating is on 'tropical' 24/7, but if she had broken her hip it could have been the end of her. Incidence like that are routinely reported to social services, but I doubt they do anything.

PS Its snowing again here.

[/quote]
Yet again a disgraceful example of thread drift

This is in the section Travelling to and From France, and it is by a Moderator!

[/quote]

A suggestion was made and I replied.

Merry Christmas

[/quote]I do hope you slapped your own wrist and banned yourself for an hour. 

Norman, my dear old fruit of uncertain predeliction, have you ever tried walking a straight line after a few drinks, especially with your stick on an icy pavement; You probably zig zag like ... well, an old drunk. It is the same with these threads; they wander about, but it does no harm. Even RH, who is the strictest of ladies and will give you a wondeful whipping for stepping off the straight and narrow, has a little wander occasionally, especially after the couple of pints of WI sherry.

So, be nice, it is Xmas, I have my delightful daughter here and bug ger the diabetes, am pigging out, and you too have a little fire in your barrel this year, so are snug and warm and doubtless, you and the lads have brewed a mean brew of bootpolish and meths to keep you going; So, let the fantasies fly, let the butterflies run up your leg and the Moroccan ladies tickle your fancy; Chilllllllllll mannnnnn!!!

We do love you Norman, so relax in that and have a merry Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Cendrillon"]I hope Gardian made it O.K.

Heard today that Eurostar are reducing their services to cope with the snowy conditions.

[/quote]

Well we did + back too!

Left on Sat 18th, TGV Avignon - Lille.  The snow worsened once we had passed Lyon and it was virtually a blizzard by the time we got to CDG on the Paris outskirts. The train had to limit it's speed, but we were only half an hour late on arrival at Lille.

Plenty of people queueing there for the Eurostar and it was a bit naughty of them to keep everybody outside in the sub-zero temperatures until half an hour before departure just so that the 3 or 4 staff didn't have to be in the cold. Train arrived (from Brussels) 10 mins late and pressed on through the weather. Slight delay at the Tunnel, but that was almost certainly a 'pathing' issue (running a bit late, missed it's slot). Got in to St Pancras 45 mins late, which was excellent in the circumstances. Cab driver said that there were fights breaking out at Heathrow over taxis!

Our elder son & DIL were due to be in Ireland for a wedding on the 22nd (daft time for a wedding). She drove to Fishguard on the 18th and miraculously made it without problem. He was due to fly over on Monday 20th at 07.00 ex Heathrow. He was fully expecting it to be a dead loss, but I drove him to the airport at 05.00 and because he had done 'online checkin' the night before, they let him in to the terminal building. BAA locking all the rest of it's customers out !!  Again, by sheer chance, his flight got away. After a hairy time with desperate snow over there, they got to the wedding and all was well - only 25 no-shows out of 100 invitees. They took the ferry back together and were back in the Thames Valley at 05.00 on the 24th.

Normal, if knackering, journey back for us yesterday. 

[quote user="gardengirl "]

Gardian, so glad to hear that all went so very well in difficult circumstances, and that you're safely back in France.

About the 22nd December being a daft time for a wedding - our's was 23rd!  [:D]

[/quote]

Just proves there is always someone dafter

Archived