Complete France Forum

BAA Heathrow

[quote user="Simon-come-lately"]I am BAA, I own and operate LHR - but I can't guarantee the accuracy of the flight information I provide....barking ! Simon :-)[/quote]

Simon

Either this is a windup OR you are in a class of your own.

CK has succinctly put what the operation is. BAA might own and operate PART of LHR, i.e. the estate BUT they do not own or operate the actual airlines or flight control. Their interest in the airlines is taking the money for the space that they occupy and the number of take offs and landings. WH Smith also operates at LHR but BAA will not know their opening and closing times and if WH Smith told them would you expect BAA to say they are accurate when it has no control over them..

Now, IF BAA owned and operated the airlines and traffic control then yes, you could expect their information to be more accurate as they would have direct control over it BUT I bet they would still put a disclaimer against it.

Let's put it another way, if air traffic control told BAA that a flight had taken off at 10:05 but in actual fact they had made a mistake and it was actually 10:15 how the hell can BAA guarantee that the 10:05 was accurate?????

[quote user="Simon-come-lately"]ClarkKent - thanks for the lesson on the BAA! PaulT - you STILL don't get my point. Anyway - I'm bored with this now. Game Over - Thanks for Playing Simon :-)[/quote]

And you do not mine so it is probably best left alone

I sort of  understand your frustration Simon, but if you really want a company involved in air transport with silicone shoulders have a gander at RyanAir and their T&C's. I'm still waiting after six months for a refund for tax paid on a ticket that wasn't used, and one that they would not give a refund on, the tax element was 29 Euro and they charge 20 Euro to process the refund. So I have been waiting six months for 9 Euro 

Archived