Complete France Forum

Truck Drivers Strike.

[quote user="idun"]

Merçi[:)]

I'll keep my eye on it before I make any plans.

[/quote]

FO & CGT represent about 40% of truckers. The other unions including CFDT have negotiated an agreement with the "patrons".

There could be some inter-union animosity.

My BIL is a weekly tramper from UK to Spain/Portugal and last time the french went on strike he was refused entry back into France because it was blockaded and had to come home via BF from Santander amongst hundreds of other british vehicles.

Traffic slow/halted around Lille earlier today, but everything seems fairly normal around Dunkerque/Calais except for a picket near one of the link roads to port facilities at Dunkerque. However, I spotted a large contingent of CRS vehicles parked up by Cite Europe?

Brian (again)

Martin963 have you experienced these strikes. We used to find that  things could change rapidly and they really could cause major distruption very very quickly. So it's now, wait and see. It's putting me off travelling that is for sure.

[quote user="idun"]

Thanks. I can get it. I'll put it in my favourites.

The good thing about the Journal de 20H is that I often have that time free to watch it, it's timing is good in this disorganised household.

[/quote]

Super!Also a website where links are video excerpts. Kind of useful.

http://www.bfmtv.com/

The Bordeaux link to the E-coli is informative with the same "molecule" as used in germany.

Also has a sat feed on hot bird.

[quote user="idun"]Martin963 have you experienced these strikes. We used to find that  things could change rapidly and they really could cause major distruption very very quickly. So it's now, wait and see. It's putting me off travelling that is for sure.[/quote]

Yes!    Back in the eighties.

[quote user="Martin963"][quote user="idun"]Martin963 have you experienced these strikes. We used to find that  things could change rapidly and they really could cause major distruption very very quickly. So it's now, wait and see. It's putting me off travelling that is for sure.[/quote]

Yes!    Back in the eighties.
[/quote]

Oh they are 'fun' aren't they.[Www]

Absolutely no sign of any trucker action anywhere yesterday (24 -> 62)

The only problem came at Calais where our useless British administration first gets in one's way,  20 minutes to get through British Passpost Control.

I've mentioned this in another thread and anecdotally it would appear that those people who have had little delays at this point have been the lucky ones.

Archived