Complete France Forum

HOP AIRLINE

My flights were normally AF (but done by Britair...in fact some still are). However, they swapped to HOP! (don't forget the !),  over a weekend and failed to notify me that they had also changed the flight times. Fortunately I found out just in time as I was wondering why I hadn't received an automatic check-in email. I managed to ask them to change my flight to an earlier day so I could catch my train. Otherwise I would have been stuck.

Since then, the only changes I have seen is that the cheesy nibbles are different, they sometimes run out of Gin, and they don't give you free baggage in the hold on the cheapest flights.... oh, and the cheapest Hop! flights tend to be early in the morning, not peak time. So I'm paying the same with the same service as I was before (bar the Gin). They are pleasant enough though.

Ideal for us from Lannion to Perpignon for my son to visit his girlfriend who starts her teaching career down there in September and its only a 20min drive either end,many hours less travelling and cheaper than the TGV and crossing Paris.It isn't a direct flight as it stops at CGD but still very handy.

It looks like Lyon is a major hub, no good for me but itlooks like you can get connecting flights from Metz and generally the timings work quite well.  I'll certaily be looking at this for later in the year.

Slight thread drift but did anything come of someone planning to fly from Manston in Kent?

Archived