Complete France Forum

1st day of the holidays tomorrow! Which means another strike

Well ofcourse, what else! TW+HT = G*, a very simple formula that they just love to stick to![:@]

I keep asking my son if the parcel I have sent has arrived, but am met with the simple word 'greve' everytime I ask.

Last night the unions were playing hell because the workers at the ship building yard have been asked to work an extra twenty minutes a day for the same pay, if they don't then the yard may not get the contract to build two new paquebots....... are they really so obtuse?

Is it old age that makes me feel so angry with these unions, I cannot remember feeling quite so incensed when I was younger.

*Transport Workers+ Holiday Time = Greve

[quote user="idun"]....... are they really so obtuse?

[/quote]

yes they are.

I get very stressed at "going home time" at holiday time as I never know if I'm going to make it. I know that that is their point, I mean, why strike when no one is watching? I have 0 sympathy for them. It's an ever evolving world and businesses must evolve to survive but apparently not in France.

[quote user="idun"]Well ofcourse, what else! TW+HT = G*, a very simple formula that they just love to stick to![:@]

I keep asking my son if the parcel I have sent has arrived, but am met with the simple word 'greve' everytime I ask.

Last night the unions were playing hell because the workers at the ship building yard have been asked to work an extra twenty minutes a day for the same pay, if they don't then the yard may not get the contract to build two new paquebots....... are they really so obtuse?

Is it old age that makes me feel so angry with these unions, I cannot remember feeling quite so incensed when I was younger.

*Transport Workers+ Holiday Time = Greve

[/quote]

Perhaps the unions don't read this sort of thing or if they do refuse to believe it .

http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2013/12/17/340404/france-called-new-sick-man-of-europe/

Archived