Complete France Forum

what is the French equivalent

La Vette

[quote user="pads"]ok your forgiven.........well im off to asda in a few months i,ll be saying le clerk................bet its sunny there huh! pouring down here, are you sure i cant get you some cress seeds?[/quote]

It's sunny just South of the Monatgne Noire! Bit windy though.. Still I have just put te summer cover on the pool to try to get the temp up to a level that I can stand in me-old-age. The local cherries melt in your mouth and really tast like cherries too. Not cheep either, 5€ a kilo with a large handfull thrown in for helping the guy anchor his brolley down.

If you get too much rain we could do with some. None for weeks now. It all falls in the Montagne Noire [6]. They get the rain and we get the water, quite a nice arrangement really...

John.

P.S. Good luck on your move Pads. I'm sure you won't regret it!!!!! Where in the Black Mountains will you be?

we have just brought a place in pradelles carbardes, its a pretty village just north of cabrespine, We normally stay in cabrespine, if you go there at cherriy time people give you cherries by the bucket for nothing, we were staying there in April/may and each morning we woke up people had put onions and lettuce and some other green things we didnt know on our door knob. which was really nice although we did also find a empty beer bottle one morning we wernt to sure what that meant? also we were stopped one morning by a old bloke on a bike and he had a water bottle full of red wine which he gave us, we tryed to ask why every one gave us stuff but the only answer we could understand was "why not?" so on our last day we went to the super market and brought loads of chocolate and spent the last night drunkenly putting chocolates on all the door steps we could find near us, bet that confused them! I hope every one in our new village are as nice as they are in caprespine. Have you ever been there? where in carcassonne are you?we  met a nice english lady in the best of british shop have you been there she sells speckled hen beer (a essential part of life in this house hold)  Im a big veg gardener do you know what grows well that high , I didnt see many people growing veg in P.C as I did in cabrespine, I hope its not going to be to high there? so was it you with the plane the day we brought the house 2nd may somewhere between carcassonne and cucux carbes?

Archived