Complete France Forum

HELP and Advice please

Sweetpea

I will cut a (very) long story short.

In January, I ordered and paid for (by bank virement) some computer-related things from Pixmania (on the internet)

Since then, I have been waiting for my money back, because they 'say' they have no record of my having paid.

As you cant send attachments to them , just fill in a basic message online, I have sent them, by Lettre Recommandée (avec A.R)

1. a copy of my bank statement, showing the virement

2. a copy of a fax received by my bank manager (when he kindly intervened on my behalf) from Pixmania's bank in Paris, confirmation that the money is in their account.

I am not prepared to phone Pixmania again, as it costs about 34 cts per minute, so I just keep sending the 'email'

All I get is ' sorry for the problem; we have alerted our experts' and words to that effect.

One of their responses, back in June, said ' sorry the items you ordered are no longer available (yeah, right!) and I would be reimbursed shortly'

WHO CAN I APPROACH to help with this? Is it a French Lawyer, the police, or what.

Any advice would calm an old lady's nerves!!!!  ;-)

You should write again (LR+AR as before), but this time, give them a deadline you want this resolved by (10 working days).

Adapt this sample letter from a consumers' website to your specific circumstances and do quote the paragraph about article "L.131-1 du Code de la consommation" which allows you to claim interest on the sum they owe you.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived