Complete France Forum

French Passage On Families

Owen-

Have a French passage I'm trying to translate - I've made an attempt at it, but if you could show me a couple of the places where I have gone horribly wrong - it would be much appreciated.

The passage is on whether I prefer the family and lifestyle of 2008 or 1908. Anywhere I have put English words/phrases in caps - its where I'm totally confused

La Quelle Famille Préférez vous?

Je suis pour la

famille de deux mille huit. Évidemment, il y a beaucoup des avantages et des

inconvenances avec les deux ages, cependant je préfère la plus moderne. Il y a

beaucoup de raisons, et le premier, c’est qu’il y a plus de liberty pour les jeunes.

Même si il n’y a pas beaucoup de discipline, je pence que la liberty est plus

important. Par exemple, les jeunes peuvent portent quoi ils voudraient NOW.

Après ça, la deuxième raison pour

moi, est que je peut voyager plus que en mille neuf cents huit, et donc, je

peut améliore mes accents et vocabulaire de les autres langues. Ce qui me

frappe de la famille de mille neuf cents huit, c’est qu’il y a beaucoup de difficulté

même voyager a le village voisin MEVER MIND, un autre pays!

Finalement nous sommes plus technologique

que la famille de mille neuf cents huit. De temps en temps c’est un inconvenance,

par exemple, les affaires BREAK, ou quand nous passer trop plus de temps

utilisent la, mais en général, c’est un avantage. Tout en tout, je préfère la

plus moderne que les deux ages.

Which Family do you Prefer? (what I mean to say)

I am for the family of 2008. Evidently there are many

advantages and disadvantages with the two times, however I prefer the more

modern version. There are many reasons, and the first is that there is more

freedom for young people. Even if there is not a lot of discipline, I believe

that freedom is more important. For example, young people can wear what they

like now.

After that,

the second reason for me is that I can travel more than in 1908, and therefore,

I can improve my accent and vocabulary of other languages. What strikes me

about the family of 1908 is that there is difficulty traveling to the neighbouring village, never

mind an other country!

Finally we

are more technological than the family of 1908. From time to time it’s a disadvantage,

for example when things break, or when we spend too mush time using them, but

generally its advantage. All in all, I prefer the more modern of the two ages.

Thanks so much for your help - really appreciated. :)

[quote user="Owen-"]

La Quelle Famille Préférez vous?

Je suis pour la famille de deux mille huit. Évidemment, il y a beaucoup d' avantages et d' inconvenients à ces deux époques, cependant je préfère la plus moderne. Il y a de nombreuses raisons à cela, et la premiere, c’est qu’il y a plus de liberté pour les jeunes. Même si il n’y a pas beaucoup de discipline, je pence que la liberté est plus importante. Par exemple, les jeunes peuvent porter ce qu'ils veulent à présent. 

De plus la deuxième raison pour moi, est que je peux voyager plus qu' en mille neuf cent huit, et donc, je peux améliorer mon accent et vocabulaire de les autres langues. Ce qui me frappe dans la famille de mille neuf cent huit, c’est qu’il y a beaucoup de difficulté à même se déplacer jusqu'au  village voisin , à fortiori  vers un autre pays!

Finalement nous utilisons davantage la technologie que la famille de mille neuf cent huit. De temps en temps c’est un inconvenient, par exemple, quand les appareils tombent en panne, ou quand nous passons trop de temps à les utiliser, mais en général, c’est un avantage. En tout et pour tout, je préfère la plus moderne des deux époques.

Which Family do you Prefer? (what I mean to say)

I am for the family of 2008. Evidently there are many advantages and disadvantages with the two times, however I prefer the more modern version. There are many reasons, and the first is that there is more freedom for young people. Even if there is not a lot of discipline, I believe that freedom is more important. For example, young people can wear what they like now.

After that, the second reason for me is that I can travel more than in 1908, and therefore, I can improve my accent and vocabulary of other languages. What strikes me about the family of 1908 is that there is difficulty traveling to the neighbouring village, never mind an other country!

Finally we are more technological than the family of 1908. From time to time it’s a disadvantage, for example when things break, or when we spend too mush time using them, but generally its advantage. All in all, I prefer the more modern of the two ages.

Thanks so much for your help - really appreciated. :)
[/quote]

Hope this will help..

just off to bed and have only read a bit of this but would say that "beaucoup" is always followed by the shortened "de" and not "des"

so it should be "beaucoup d'avantages"

if no-one else helps with the rest by the time i've read this again, i'll have a look at the rest. mind you, i am a bit rusty!

Archived