Complete France Forum

Photos?????????????

Chancer

I got a mél from a client who is also now a friend reminding me to send him a quittance de loyers, I wrote back apologising, to say that I had created and sent it but now realise there is a bug in my Hotmail as its not in the sent folder and its not the first time it has happened.

He replied:

Photos.

Pas de souci.

The latter I understand but what does "photos" mean in this context?

Editted, On another French forum, I think the most active one, there is not even a section for the French language and I dont think I have ever seen anyone aside from me post questions to improve their knowledge, a few people wanting documents translating etc but nothing like on here, I no longer bother asking there because its rare to get a response other than a jibe.

This forum, in fact the people on it are excellent in that respect.

I asked him what it meant and he replied that my message must have been intended for someone else, meaning I guess that he didnt know he had included the word, either a typo or a copier coller error, probably (un)smartphone related.

y a pas photo!

The answer has dawned on me while out running.

It was a reply to a reply, you know how these things are, the "photos" must have been something carried over from his first reply where he sent me a photo (I assume and not a scan) of his R.I.B. his phone probably inserted the word like all that K-rap you get saying "sent from my i-phone" etc even when the person is French and doesnt speak English.

Archived