Complete France Forum

auto entrepreneur: option fiscale

valens

This relates to how you want to pay your income tax.

If you want to pay it quarterly (or monthly from July) at the same time you pay your contributions, say yes.

If you prefer to pay it once a year, say no. You will still pay your contributions quarterly (or monthly from July).

Probably the most important question is whether you would be liable for tax anyway.

Really you need to work out how much, if any, tax would be due on your total income, including what you expect to make as an AE. If the anwer is 'none' then you are almost certainly going to be better off not handing over the fixed percentage of your turnover.

If you are already in the tax club (due to having enough other income, such as pensions) then the flat rate is almost certainly going to be cheaper.

There is a borderline area where the top slice of your AE income will take you into the tax club. In that case I'd probably go for the flat rate, but ideally you should calculate the balance of benefits.

All the above assumes that you know enough about the French tax system to work out your liabilities. I wish I did!

Hi,

If you do already pay tax ,and the "revenu fiscal de reference" shown on your latest "avis" was substantially less than 20000€, and you do not expect to make enough to take it much above ,say, 24000€ when you start your business , then it might be best to opt to declare for  tax with your other income, once a year. The  lower your "revenu fiscal de réference " is the more  you will save by this.

Archived