Complete France Forum

Vacation rental agency doing illegal things

Lori

I'm just tired of reading about it (elsewhere).  I don't think I am allowed to name the company, but it is posted on Trip Advisor fairly regularly (another one today - company name starts with a 'C').  The stories are somewhat amazing - more so because they seem to have been able to get away with their shenanigans for so long now.  Most unsuspecting rentors are from outside France and simply don't know who or how to report them.

Is there a governing body they can be reported to??

I did do a search, but didn't come up with anything.  I might not have put in the correct search words as it most likely has come up before..

Any help is most appreciated.

Sorry, if I was vague.  I'm trying to find out if there is a governing body over Vacation Rental Agencies.  A licensing body or something like that or a tourism type of agency people can go to if they feel they have been wronged.

Below is a link that will take you to pages of gripes and complaints about this particular company.  Among other complaints, they have been accused of keeping security deposits (large ones too - such as 700 euros) and never giving an explanation why or reply to requests for explanation.  They chronically contact rentors at the very last minute to tell them the apartment they have rented is no longer available and they often don't offer options.

If anyone is bored to death, you can go to the link and read forever  [;-)]

I've done a bit of searching online to try find out where these, very angry, customers can go, but I'm not coming up with anything.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=12&geo=187070&scope=2&q=citalys&x=0&y=0&returnTo=%2FShowForum-g187070-i12-France.html

Edit:  Sorry for the long link and not sure why it is not clickable.

Archived