Complete France Forum

Could you live on £300 a day.

Jonzjob

€5,000 for a bottle of wine! I bet it tastes nasty.

But then i can't see all the fuss with champers when a nice bottle of fizzy stuff is available for under €1.00!!

And like Mr C i tend to prefer my beer........not so sure why mexican beer though, what's all that about!

Yep i could just about live off £300 a day. As long as it was only for my personal food and drink alone!!

Louise

At 5000€ a bottle I wouldn't dare drink it! Anyway a good bottle of Blanquette will beat a cham-pain anyday at 1/2 the price... I too would prefer beer to that, just think how many pints of Ruddels County you could get for that Chris! Mexican beer probably suites the man? Do you have to suck a lemon with that too?

You could only manage on 300€ Louise if you starved your cats, come on own up!!?

P.S. Come on oh grate and wonderous Admin where's the bleedin iconz gone in IE7. This tiny weeny, miniscule, micro box is bad enough, but no iconz!!!

P.P.S. For further explanashon have a look at the thread in "Ideas and problems "regarding the Complete France forum" on the "IE7 issue" thread by Deimos!!!

I could probably only manage on €300 a day if i ate the cats! ............Like chicken you say......??

I don't usually get out of bed for less than a grand.

Anyway stupid bottle of wine, what if you dropped it or mixed it up with a cheapo one and accidentally took it to the neighbours!

Louise

Apparently this was for his, and Madame Chirac's, personal food and drink, not including entertaining.

I suspect a padded expense account.  They probably ate sandwiches or leftovers from state banquets and trousered the cash.

Didn't Mme Chirac have some notoriously large suitcases specially for taking cash out of the country?  Still has them, I'll bet.

Patrick 

Apparently so. But surely Pat you can't possibly think that the most 'importaintt' person in France (you ask him!) would do such a thing as pocket public money? Goodness gracious, what ever next, you will be accusing them of telling the very occasional porkie! Zut allor!!!

He's definately got a padded something, perhapse he is only thin and the bulk is made up from notes?

Politicians porkie telling, never happen, ask Bush or Blare?

[quote user="louweezel"]I could probably only manage on €300 a day if i ate the cats! ............Like chicken you say!

Louise

[/quote]

Louise don't you ever shout at me again for going after cats. I only heard they taste like that after a report of a raid on a Chinese restaurant? I would never admit to having eaten cat!

Apparently they make a nice coat too if you have enough skins.

ADMIN, wots the chance of sorting out the problem with doing a copy BEFORE half of the world go to IE7. PRETTY PLEASE. And can I have me smilies back? Oh yes, and me big box....

Archived