Complete France Forum

Bacon.......!

Nickd

I know we brave Brits abroad aren't supposed to crave any delicacies from the old country, but bacon..... well that's a tough one to turn your back on.

So we thought we'd ask some friends flying over to bring some - the question is, are they allowed to? Does anyone know the law on this one?

Nick

THe U group (Hyper and Super) have started selling Bacon D'anglais again.   Also Le Clerc in Gailac.   It is "proper" back bacon although a little thinly cut.  It might might be just for the tourist season as it was withdrawn last Autumn and we had to make do with poitrine.

Ah, but they are crafty Ron.  I bought some not so long ago because I had run out of the other and Super U is near, and they had cut most of the 'round end' off....most peculiar!

Still, the French think bacon is round

I will find a Leader Price and try theirs.

Alexis "....Not keen on the Herta. Especially if you are attacking Dr Atkins."

Don't suppose old Dr Atkins is too keen on the "Herta" when you're attacking him, is this a local Redon thing or is it just a natural French thing to do ?

Get in to Metro (or get someone to do it for you) buy a nice big slab of poitrine (fumée or not)purchase a slicer et voila, bacon becomes an everyday thing, once again

Archived