Complete France Forum

Patisserie specialty from Pertuis area

PossumGirl

just how caramelly was it?  There is an excellent and popular meringue round here (I'm not that far from Pertuis) that once you bite into it, it melts in your mouth.  A popular Patisserie called Jouvaud (in Carpentras and Avignon - but others make a similar product) is made in vanilla, chocolate and pistachio.  They are to DIE for (when they are good).  They often come with almonds dusted on them or with almonds or pistachios baked into them.  I don't know how they do it, but when you eat them, it is a rare treat..

I tried to search for them on the net, but had no luck coming up with a photo.  Not sure if that helps.  I can tell you if you are ever in the pedestrian section of Carpentras, you MUST stop in Jouvaud for a coffee and a pastry.  I think their meringues are the best I have ever had.

The ones at Jouvaud are pretty large too (about 17 or 18 cms long and roundish and clumpy looking).  They pile them up in baskets by flavor.  I don't know what made me try one many moons ago, but they just looked so interesting.  That was it.  I do my best to avoid going anywhere near that place !

Archived