Complete France Forum

Thanks to Clair!

PossumGirl

I had never heard of Marigold Swiss Bouillion powder before, but she mentioned that she was ordering some so I asked her to get me some as well.  This is absolutely AMAZING stuff!  I'm a major soup fan, but I don't always have homemade stock on hand, and although I've used bouillion cubes, they do tend to be a bit salty.

I made a quick vegetable soup this weekend with the Marigold and even Mr. Possum, who is not the world's biggest fan of soup, said that he thought it was the best I'd ever made.  The stock makes all the difference.

So, THANK YOU, CLAIR!!!!  I am in your debt.

PG

I'm all embarrassed now... [:$] I am glad Mr Possum could tell the difference!

I used to buy this very easily when in the UK, but could not find it in France. I've always found the Knorr or Maggi stock cubes a poor substitute, too salty and metallic tasting and they just don't do it for me...

The health shop equivalent (Kallo) I've tried are really not as good and I was so pleased to see I could finely order it from France without having to pay massively over the odds. The name has started to appear in several French food blogs, so the supply might become easier over the next few months as demand increases...

I decided on a catering size order of 8x 1kg tubs from yogamatters and the package arrived by special delivery in about 3 weeks, even with the Christmas/New Year break.

I am secretly delighted and beaming from ear to ear at the thought of the tubs currently stored in the larder in the cellar!!! [:D]

[quote user="Clair"]I'm all embarrassed now... [:$] I am glad Mr Possum could tell the difference!

[/quote]

It really surprised me, Clair, because as I say, he's not a big soup lover. He eats it, because he eats and enjoys everything I cook, but it's not really his favorite.  When he actually commented on it, I was quite blown away!  I feel sorry for my American friends, because they are all interested to try it and it's not available there either.

PG

I started buying Marigold from a health food shop in Chichester, then as Delia and Nigella started to spread the word, it became available in supermarkets and general food shops all over and I found it easily in Sainsbury's, Waitrose and Tesco.

[quote user="Just Katie "]I would like to thank Clair too (not[:@]).  Everytime I see her I think of christmas cake.  I have a huge wodge of it left from christmas and have to cut a big chunk off each time.  So   errrr..... thanks for that Clair.[:(][/quote]

[blink] [8-)]

Archived