Complete France Forum

Muffins

Clair

I want to make muffins and a lot of the recipes call for buttermilk, which I cannot find anywhere in my area.

Can I use plain yoghurt instead? [8-)]

Same question for scones please... I am not used to baking cakes and such likes... [:$]

Yes, I have mixed a small pot of plain yogurt with a bit of milk to equal whatever amount of buttermilk the recipe is calling for, with success.  You can also use Lait Fermente which works well too.

What sort of Muffins?

Triple Chocolate, Blueberry?

I make the above and have never used Buttermilk.  Usual Flour, Sugar, Butter(Marg) Eggs, Cocoa (If Chocolate) Choccy Bits or Blueberries. Proper Muffin cases in a Muffin baking tray.

UUUUMMMMM ! ! Scrumptious

David

I have had to volonteer myself to taste the muffins for David (and all other interested parties!) and I can report they are much nicer than he ones I've previously made just with milk!

Thank you for the tip Lori![IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-055.gif[/IMG]

Now I will have to get on and make some this week as I'm starting to drool(not a good look I can tell you!)[;-)], have to agree a great tip from Lori.

Enjoy the rest Clair you lucky thing! can just imagine the smell in your kitchen of warm muffins just wish I lived closer because I would definately be there.[:)]

That's what you are doing wrong then !

I never use milk at all. Does not come near the mixture.

Mind you I do make 30 at one go. Eggs is the secret, lots of them; well at least 4 possibly five.

David

Archived