Complete France Forum

Strawberries

Kim

Just thought you Brits might like to hear this.  We had the best strawberries of the year for breakfast this morning.  I was happily thinking that apparently the crop of a different variety of strawberries was coming into season in France and I looked on the lid.  There from England!  Truly delicious guys. 

Kim

[quote user="Kim"]

Just thought you Brits might like to hear this.  We had the best strawberries of the year for breakfast this morning.  I was happily thinking that apparently the crop of a different variety of strawberries was coming into season in France and I looked on the lid.  There from England!  Truly delicious guys. 

Kim

[/quote]

It seems to be a growing trend to label produce with it's variety and the county it was grown in.  I can now chose between different varieties all grown in Berkshire. I think some retailers also name the producer.

I had a glut of strawberries this year in my garden. So many that we could not eat them fast enough and in so many different deserts. In the end I made jam and foze four big bags for winter puddings. So, they could be giving them away at present but I could not face another just yet. So mine were deifnately grown in France with no label on the bowl either.

Archived