Complete France Forum

Flatulence alert!

Chancer

A warning of impending rafales de vent now that Aldi are once more selling "Haricot blancs à la sauce tomate" at 85cts for a 800g tin IIRC.

The rayon is labelled "nouveau" so I guess that they have forgotten that they used to sell them in glass jars.

Despite the (for us Brits) unapettising picture on the tin they look to be the same as the ones from Netto.

Brilliant!  Soon get those wind-turbines moving then [:$]

For some bizarre reason I was in conversation with a French colleague about the effects of beans and I refered to 'The passing of wind'

She thought this was hilarious saying 'Oh you English, you always have the most wonderful expressions' [:D]

Have you ever tried haricots de Soisson? They are the nearest to butter beans that I've found, and I make a beef casserole with them in the slow cooker.

But during the night and the next day - Oh dear!   [+o(] Still, must be good fibrous roughage.

On the subject of tooting, I suffered my worst experience for a very long time in ignorance (but certainly not silence) in the Andes where I had unknowingly contracted Giardia (amoebic dysentery) when I read that one of the symptoms was "explosive flatulence" I knew exactly what I had!

• 3 weeks later...

Hope your Picardie vent is heading south!  We were only saying the other day when shopping in Aldi (or "Fortnums" as our friends have nicknamed it) that we wished they would bring back those beans.  Very nearly almost as good as our favourite UK version. 

Janet

Archived