Complete France Forum

SOS - Brownies recipe or other simple recipes, please

Gardengirl

I didn't expect to bake anything while in France, as I rarely bake in UK. However, I rashly decided at 3 this morning to have a coffee morning for Macmillan's giant coffee morning next Friday. It won't be a huge affair (there wouldn't be room in our apartment for lots of people!)

So, with their coffee I'll need some goodies for them to eat - just thought about that over lunch today! Not a shining example of my planning abilities.

If you have any very simple recipes for good things to eat, which won't take long, I'd love to have them - and not with lots of cream, please - if we continue to have storms we'll have to squeeze inside. A further problem with this affair is shortage of time - we have visitors till late Thursday afternoon; so I'll need to have a good clean round before the coffee morning at 10.30 as well as some baking. My husband thinks I've gone mad! He's probably right.

Thanks, Jo

I seem to have a strange set-up today! My original post is the only one showing, but there were two, so somebody's stolen them! It's the same with other topics; posts read as 'today', when I know they were from a couple of days ago.

To both who posted - sorry I can't remember who you are (see above!)

I made use of both; lovely and easy and delicious, and just what I needed!

I didn't have a large number at the Macmillan coffee morning today (the French were suspicious, as they tell me that a President of a cancer charity ran off with all the money! - true?). However, I made around 60 euros, between Macmillan and CSF Sud de France. I only heard of this fairly recently, but it helps English-speaking people who have cancer, in many ways. They are trained by Macmillan staff, who travel to France. They are trying to open a brach in Langudoc, so our little bit will help towards that.

Thanks again,

Jo

EDIT PS I don't believe it - both messages are back!

Archived