Complete France Forum

cooked chicken recipes

Patf

Cold cooked chicken is eatable with a tasty veg. dish or salad, but I'm looking for other ideas.

Here's one that I got partly from an online site, and adapted it:

chicken fat or 2 tbsp oil

medium onion, finely chopped

3 small carrots, sliced

2 sticks celery, sliced

s&p, mixed herbs

2 tbsp flour

1 pint chicken stock

300g cooked chicken, chopped in 2cm pieces

100g frozen peas

quarter pint cream or coconut milk

Heat fat, fry onion until transparent, then add and fry carrots and celery.

Sprinkle on seasonings and flour, cook gently 1 min.

Add stock and chicken and peas, simmer until veg are cooked, ( 5-10 min) then finally add cream/ coconut milk

Serve with pasta or rice or potatoes etc. Also nice in a pie.

Any more suggestions for cold cooked chicken?

Chicken is a wonderful meat. Mine goes in, chicken pie, sometimes with mushroom. Chicken broth. Chicken curry. Chicken, chips and beans, even chicken chilli.

A favourite chinese one is sprinkle a little sherry or rice wine onto the chicken, leave to rest an hour. Fry one onion and a little garlic, add a pepper en julienne, add the chicken, good dose of soya and some cashew nuts and cook for a few more minutes. Serve with other chinese food or rice or noodles. Fresh chicken rather than cooked can be used in this dish.

I gave my wok away. A wok given to me by a chinese friend. I could see no advantage to using it at all, and my did I give it a good try.

I do all my chinese cooking in 'normal' pans and I no one would know. Get a good frying pan smoking hot and it is easy to make very good chinese food. So I wouldn't recommend specifically getting a wok if you want to cook chinese food, just do it with what you have got.

Incidentally I do like having several good tefal frying pans, of varying sizes. And once they start sticking, out they'll go and I get a new one.

I never waste any of the chicken. I boil the carcass up for stock. I strip it down and get every bit of meat off it.

Oh! I had wok's in my head and not decimating chickens.

A good friend of ours fell in love with another man after 20 years of marriage and left. Just left with nothing.

Not all women are out for revenge, but there are men I know that I would happily boil up their carcass, and get every last bit of meat off them and give it to their wives. The thing is that there are bad women and bad men. The trouble with bad men is that during the marriage they have their wives on mijote and not in a good way and they treat their ladies a bit like one of those dreadful kebab machines, they slice meat off constantly. A sort of constant abuse, that is not that evident.

I have a very good friend, my oldest friend and I could throttle her. Not her first marriage and the first took her to the cleaners when they got divorced and this one, well he is worse. She has a very very good and responsible job and she seems to leave her good sense and brain on the doorstep. And if they get divorced, well, he will try and take her to the cleaners, just as he has been through out their marriage.

And another friend, well she said she'll never trust another man again ever and could never share. It is very sad when people make bad choices and cannot trust and share, because that is what it is all about. At least that is the way I look at it.