Complete France Forum

Pie crust shield

idun

Gosh, that looks ingenious!

I have never seen one, but from the pic, I would say that you clip the loose end to the end that's shown sitting on the pie. Presumably there is a hole in each section, into which you engage the sticky-out bit that you can see on the left, according to the circumference of your pie. That must be what holds it.

Angela

Go away Wooly!

This is a girly conversation twixt culinary experts ;-)

You're just lowering the tone!

What do you chaps no about cooking?!

(sorry,can't do smilies on this machine)

PS

you calculate the circumference here as PIE d

At school, we were taught the latter ("pie" "dee") so that's "holy writ" to me.

I have NEVER seen it quoted in that other way.

Anyway, I am sure idun can calculate the circumference of her pies by eye, without resorting to mathematical formulae.

Angela

[quote user="Loiseau"]At school, we were taught the latter ("pie" "dee") so that's "holy writ" to me. I have NEVER seen it quoted in that other way. Anyway, I am sure idun can calculate the circumference of her pies by eye, without resorting to mathematical formulae. Angela[/quote]

Yes Loiseau, I have the eye. [:D]

[quote user="idun"]Has anyone used one of these and do they work?

I keep wondering how they stay on and it isn't clear on the web site.[/quote]

Have a look here.

They just rest on top of the crust. The more 'advanced" models slide to adjust to the size of the dish.

Since getting the Remoska, I have toyed with the idea of buying one, but never actually got round to it... I make do with thick aluminium paper (just a sheet with a large hole cut out in the centre! Necessity is the mother of invention! [:D])

Until this bloody awful cannon gas cooker, I have never needed anything like this. I don't fancy anything that just slips on top, I'd prefer adjustable as I have an eclectic lot of pie tins from a few different countries. 

I'll try foil, see how it goes before I invest, then the next time I'm in Lakeland, I'll have a look.