Complete France Forum

Guilty pleasure....

mint

Read no further if you want to resist temptation but I warn you that you may regret finding out.

Someone brought me a pack of these chocolate truffles and I deliberately did NOT ask where she bought them from.  I thought: there, I don't know where to buy them, so that's that.

But, today, I stumbled across them in Aldi.  They are in packs of 4 and are called Scholetta.  They are truffly inside but are praliné outside.  I could see that they do them in milk and dark versions.

Me, I picked the milk one because, when it comes to chocolate, I am not one of these sophisticates that only eat dark 70% cocoa solids, lah-di-dah types.

A saving grace is that each chocolate is HUGE so you can only eat one or share with someone else and only eat half.

Fondant or dark chocolate is what is recommended for diabetics to have if they crave chocolate as there is less sugar and more pure cocoa.Not really a ladidah thing, but necessary healthwise sometimes and I hate it too and I work with it as well!

Yes my poor husband went overnight from Mars bars to 70% fondant and hated it.We had to stop eating sweets and chocolate near him as we felt so guilty. If he was good with his diet for a few days he could indulge a little in milk but people just do not realise the difference.

Of course, Val, it's such a nasty condition but, like everyone else who doesn't suffer from it, I must admit that I do neglect to ask people if they could eat dessert.

Now I have had your timely reminder, I am sure it will be something I shall be paying more attention to in future.

Oh, the things we take for granted when we are well.................but perhaps that's not such a bad thing because good health is not something you can take for granted for ever and the day might come when you can no longer do so.

Archived