Complete France Forum

Combination Fan Oven/Microwave

idun

As my micro wave is on it's way out, and 'I hate my cooker', the Canon gas one that leaves me with soggy bottoms on my pies!

I was wondering if I could get away with a combi  that would bake properly as well as replace my microwave.  Any recommendations'd be very much appreciated.

We had a combination oven/microwave years ago. Maybe they've got better since then, but we were never happy with it. It didn't bake as well as a mini oven (which is what we use 90% of the time as it's not worth heating up the big oven). I was quite glad when it packed in and we could replace it. 

Friends bought a very very expensive combi maybe 8 or 9 years ago, it was something like Miele. And it was good. But I haven't got hundreds and hundreds of euros to spend, and there are cheaper models now, that may be good, or not[blink]

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/290102/module/general/compare/productsCategory.html

They used to be based in Slough, they still may be. They also used to have a very good customer support system, cooking advisors and the like......but as I say it was a while ago and things change.......worth contacting them though.

My microwave went bang, actually just filled the kitchen with acrid smoke the other week so we have been using the halogen oven since then which did produce the best pork crackling we have ever had. Only problem is microwaving a jacket spud, takes conventional time in the halogen so like to know how you get on.,

My microwave came from Bejams 28 years ago so not done bad

• 1 month later...
[quote user="Théière"]think it's time for a microwave possibly with a grill.[/quote]

We have an oven with an 80cm grill, so a bit big for the odd bit of bacon [:)]

We bought an LG microwave with grill and the grill has been used twice, the second time just to make sure it really was as bad as we thought.

Suggest you find someone who is happy with their's before you buy

I did have a microwave with a grill in France, it was useless. I don't grill bacon, any meat or fish, but it was for finishing off gratins, or cheese on toast.

I looked and looked at the combination oven / microwaves and last week bought a cheap and cheerful basic microwave, with dials not buttons and it is just what I wanted.

Still need a very good oven, but I'll need to save up for that.[:D]

Archived