Complete France Forum

Rental wanted - Limousin, 3 weeks May 2011

We are coming to house-hunt in a couple of weeks time and would like to rent somewhere from about 5/6 May for three weeks, for 2 adults, preferably with not too much driving to Saint Germain les Belles, St Leonard de Noblat, St Dizier Leyrenne.  We are on a very limited budget and our top price would be maximum 300 euros for 3 weeks (total cost).  Can anyone help?  Is your gite unoccupied for even one or two weeks?

All offers considered and replied to!  Thanks in advance.

Funny, I was thinking the same and May is already looking quite good for bookings. I wonder if they really meant 300 Euros per week for three weeks, if so they may be lucky but even then there is not much around at that price. The other thought was if they did mean 300 Euros for three weeks because they are on a tight budget how will they afford to live in France.

Thanks for all replies so far.  I had started looking at private owners' sites and have found a couple of places within our price range.  Gites de France and Cle Vacances have offers and promotions also at the moment.

I am aware that the price I said we'd like to pay is low, but we are also renting here, and want to keep as much of our income as possible for our move to France.  We do not have any illusions about the cost of living in France!

Thanks once again - any further suggestions still welcome!

Dear all

Thanks again for all advice and comments.

We have had lots of contacts, and have managed to find three separate properties not too far above the budget, I'm pleased to say.

thanks again and Happy Easter!  (in the 20s in the North East, I'm pleased to say)

Archived