Complete France Forum

moving over !!!!!!

connolls

Hello,

Just wanted some advice !!!

We have finally decided to make the move and open up our small B&B.

We are coming over in 2 weeks time and have done the usual stuff...... website etc etc etc and have met with our Maire who has given us the B&B registration forms to complete for her to register us at her office.

We intend to register on the AE scheme for tax purposes (will that get us our siret number ?) but are unsure if we need to do anything else to become "resident".

We will be self funding initially from savings and are under pension age.

I know there are things we will need lots of advice on, (luckily we have good freinds in the village and our Maire is very very supportive) we expect to have some headaches so any advice will be really appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any input.

Kind Regards Mel.

Sort out your healthcare provisions.

Find out if you are entitled to any S1 cover from the UK to tide you over whilt your sort your AE registration and get your business going.  If not you will need full private cover (an EHIC is not valid for French residents) until your business is registered and you sign on with the appropriate caisse.

More info on our website (link below) - free and voluntary so we are not trying to sell you anything!

Hello Mel  -  Don't delay with the registration for the AE scheme - it ought to be the first thing that you do as soon as you get here (other than health care) - because the paperwork takes a very, very frustrating long time to filter back.  You can register online but I found it helpful to register in person to make sure that I got it right.  Once registered, you will eventually get a SIRET number in the post. 

Archived