Complete France Forum

A critique

Mr Coeur de Lion

Stylistically I'd agree that its a but fussy, and I'm not over keen on the sold black border on the inserted photos, It could be worth trying a postage stamp style edge and have the back bit that is rolled down just plain. As a concept its good just needs a bit of refining

I quite like the background, it's fairly subtle. You could try taking the background transparency down even more perhaps.. just to see, but then your overlaid text might appear too strong.

Otherwise, similar comments to those already posted.....

The inset images need to be more varied both in content and colours.

The solid black borders are too dark and thick..

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks again for the comments, I have had so little time to myself of late, either seem to have my head in assignments or bathroom renovations.

I didn't change it too much from the above, but it helped me get an A for this part of the course.

Really enjoying college, it's getting the old grey matter working again, but boy it's a lot of work. Having said that, I'm getting straight A's in everything I'm doing so far, so I must be doing something right.

Too much white to the right and too much detail to the left - the "rule of thirds" applies to the vertical as well as the horizontal so the split should be 33/66 or vice versa, not 50/50. The photos look dated and thus make the whole thing look at bit old-fashioned - something about the colour, they almost give the impression of being hand coloured - I agree with the above - some shots of the garden to change the colour balance a bit would help.

Your name (I assume) is somewhat lost although I can see what you were trying to do by putting it above the door.

It's fine but it doesn't blow my socks off![:)]

Archived