Complete France Forum

Wood Finishes

Dick Smith

I know someone who is trained and qualified to do what this person wants to do, has the brain, the temperament, the money to equip and the location to work in, but fears failure, thus losing precious life time. I don't understand why? Which is why I ask the question.

The only tool I regularly cut myself with is a Silky Gomtaro, a Japanese hand saw...bizarre or what? Great saw tho!

I don't know why people do that, but I agree that some do. I see it a lot in kids, perhaps it's a lack of confidence.

I tend to spend a while thinking about things - and then rush into them like a bull at a gate. For me the thinking and planning is a lot of the enjoyment - for example I spent a whole middle management meeting this evening working out different ways of making a case to hold my router cutters and plug cutters. I'm quite happy with what I've come up with, and if I didn't live in a suburban semi I'd be plying a router as we speak!

[quote user="Chris Head"]I'm not trying to be confrontational.[/quote]

Me neither. Truly.

Who gave you permission to shorten my name?. My mother will be after you if you're not careful.[:D]

Edit: I'm on the verge of going 'errk' myself. That's 'errk', not 'eek'.[:)]

[quote user="Chris Head"]

I wonder if we're equally envious of each others worlds Dick? Daily excitement and adventure vs safety and security. A world without rules, bosses or safety vs the steady dedication, plod and security of a lifetime of being in the system? Hmmm.

[/quote]

I suspect there is some truth in that.

Archived