Complete France Forum

Chou fleur

icmenuiserie

No, she is trying to bump up her number of posts!

But to answer the question - here in the very south of 56 cauliflowers have been of  superb quality and really cheap recently ie 1.15€ each, so we have  been having cauliflower cheese quite often.

Sue

Cor blimey can't bemieve 5damn French keyboard - believethe price difference. I am refusing to buy them til they come somewhere near the 1.50€ mark, I am dreaming of cauliflower cheese.....Never thought of Lidl, normally go to Leaderprice but they've been dear too, although not as high as Chez Inter

[quote user="Cassis"]Don't forget to bend the outer leaves over to protect the creamy head of the cauli from the sun when you grow your own.  YAWN!

[/quote]

What's up, my little sausage? Lassitude getting the better of you?

I like cauliflower, but unfortunately I usually get it in school dinners...  covered in 'cheese', possibly homing cheese (well it certainly comes back all afternoon).

[quote user="Ian Horn"]

[quote user="icmenuiserie"] sausages...tried growing my own one year with no success

[/quote]

Try pricking them before covering with soil.  Water well and earth up as they start to poke through in the Spring.

[/quote]

Very hungry plants are cauliflowers. Make sure you manure well and maybe even add some dried blood to the soil.

Archived