Complete France Forum

Sales in France?

Jacqui      Too

Hi

I understand that 'sales' in France are regulated, and at certain times in the year.

I have been told the the sale of Log burners is in the autumn sometime and Linen/ sheets ect in the new year.

Can anyone tell me the correct dates for different sales or point me in the direction of a website with the info.

I like a bargain or two [Www]

Thanks

There are two separate things here.  One is the nationwide sale which does indeed take place twice a year, once in Feb and the other in August (I think!).  These are heavily regulated, in that they feature products which have already been available for sale.

However, the supermarkets have weekly bargain themes which do indeed tend to co-incide - thus you get linen one week, garden products the next, stationary for rentree etc etc.  For the latter, you have to keep an eye on - what is the referred to in the Cooperlola household as - the cr*p, which comes through the letterbox each week.[:D]

Thank you for your reply.

I think it must be the nationwide sales that I have been told about, but my 'informant' said that they where set times for different things, so are you saying the you think the sales are across the board and for set times only?

Are the sale dates different in different departments and are they well publicised?

I like some of the 'cr*p' that comes to my French letterbox, its the only bit of post I get [:(][:$]

Blimey!  Finally managed to post.

Jacqui, yes the dates for the two major sales are fixed by law and they pretty much cover everything, not just specific themes.  I believe the prefectures fix the dates, but there are loads of threads about this, usually when the time approaches.  Just pop "Sales" in the search box.  (I'd do it and post a link but I just daren't in case this bloomin' forum goes loopy again.)

Sorry to do this in two chunks, but I'm very wary of the software at the moment.  The dates are not out yet for the summer sales, but they are usualy published in June and seem to take place in early July.  Clair normally posts when the dates are available.[:)]

Archived