Complete France Forum

Ebay - delivery to a differnt address

Benjamin

Most are more than happy to accomodate requests, but SOME sellers will only send to a confirmed Paypal address.

It would be wise to 'ask seller' first, just to confirm that they will, and also put a message in the Paypal payment box. Also, send the seller a seperate email after you have won and paid, just to ensure that they don't overlook your request when they are sending the item.

If you are paying other than via Paypal, include the required alternate delivery address with your payment. [:)]

Benjamin, when you go through the payment process, you will have the option of adding a new address.  Without more details its hard to be specific, but assuming its eBay France then unless stated, check the seller will send to the UK before the item closes.

If they post to Europe, then as well as adding an address, as ebaynut says, make sure that they know its not to your registered address in an E mail and also in Paypal if paying that way.

Our e-bay/paypal account is connected to our french address but sometimes I've bought items from UK e-bay which the sellers will only deliver to UK addresses.   I must have half a dozen alternative UK addresses which I use, depending on which friend is driving over next.  I've never had any queries raised by the sellers.

You can add extra addresses at any time - just go into My Ebay and go to My Account and addresses in the left hand menu.  When you want something sent there, you just have to change this temporarily to your primary postal address.

Thanks for all the replies. I changed my "delivery" address to my Grandson's address and this then showed up on the confirmation details from ebay.

Paid for using Paypal and hopefully in the next few days my Grandson will receive a selection of stories on audio tape.

[quote user="ebaynut"]Also, send the seller a seperate email after you have won and paid, just to ensure that they don't overlook your request when they are sending the item.[/quote]Even that isn't guaranteed.

I bought something from eBay UK to be sent to France. The very first question I asked the seller was would he ship to France, yes, no problem just £xx extra for postage. Bought the item and paid via  Paypal (A\C still registered to my old UK address at the time) included note to send to France. You've guessed it, it got sent to my old house in UK and the new owners rightly refused to accept delivery.

It got returned to the seller and finally correctly sent to France about 10 days later, but then he got arsey with me because I (charitably I though) left him neutral feedback.

Archived