Complete France Forum

Warning: danger of addiction

Clair

I wish I liked dark chocolate as it's supposed to be good for you.  But, where chocolate is concerned, I am just like a child, I only like the milky type and also things like Smarties and M & Ms.

In fact, there is a chocolate called, I think, Kinder from Lidl, which is obviously meant for children.  Inside a box which is half-cylindrical in shape, there are lots of bars of milk chocolate individually wrapped and with white chocolate insides.  Wonderful because you can eat 2 bars at any one time by telling yourself that the bars are only small and anyway you are an adult and not a child and can therefore have adult portions!

How do I know all this?  Well, I bought a box ostensibly for the OH's grandchildren when they came to visit but, guess what, the kids didn't get a look-in because I'd scoffed the lot.............nice!

Ouh la la Clair! I'm exactly the same, so addicted to Nutella, AND to praliné that I don't let myself get near either. They can keep their cream eggs and all that kind of stuff though.

Now I KNOW I have to stay away from LIDL. You are a very wicked woman, Clair.[:P]

well, I succumbed and bought two packs...

[+o(]Quelle déception... the most tasteless chocolate since Kinder eggs - and at least they (usually) have something more interesting inside than sugar/fat goo.

You are all very strange and need to find some decent chocolate. Maybe Lea's ones were a lot better. I hope so. I am not going to pay 14 euros to find out though!

If anyone wants the other box they are available for collection. OK, we did finish one box but it wasn't all me. Anyway I had to be sure that all the shapes were equally disgusting!

Danny

[quote user="sweet 17"]Au contraire, she's not really wicked, just an addict like the rest of us here..........[/quote]

I didn't mean wicked for being an addict, but wicked for trying to spread that addiction (however glorious the experiemce might be!)[:D]

If anyone is buying chocolate in Lidls,try abar made by J D Gross. There are several varieties, but the one called "Arriba Superieur", with 81% chocolate at €1.19 for 125g is by far the best chocolate I have tasted for quite some time. I have been addicted for some months now,and as there is normally a selection of different bars in each box at the shop,it'san anxious wait to make sure they have some of these in there somewhere!

• 7 months later...

JJ, I recently wrote about my local Lidl which is closed du 15 Dec au something Fev.  Can you imagine?

Anyway, had to go off elsewhere to find another branch and I did buy more boxes of shells and some other choccies for presents.  I promise I have put them in the fridge and not touched them; at least so far!

What are these praline superieur?  Please describe or post a picture.

Archived