Complete France Forum

Guard Dogs

John Brown

Our new neighbours, luckily not to near, have brought with them a couple of dogs from a place in the world, where they lived, where guards dogs are necessary.

The dogs go into attack mode, or at least an aggressive attitude on the other side of the wall / fence when you walk by, and bark until you have moved on pass the garden

One dogs taken to jumping up onto the garden wall and barking down at anyone passing.

Its not the fault of the dogs or for that matter the owner's but what might happen if the French neighbours closer get upset over this

Article L211-11 (sur Legifrance) (NDLR : cf. loi 1999 art 1)

(Ordonnance n° 2000-914 du 18 septembre 2000 art. 11 I, II Journal Officiel du 21 septembre 2000)
(Loi n° 2001-1062 du 15 novembre 2001 art. 45 Journal Officiel du 16 novembre 2001)

I'd be keeping a very close eye on these dogs and what happens; if they get out, they may do a lot of damage.

Dogs are not permitted to continually bark either, there are always arreté prefectorale.

FGS, My friend has a Rottweiler, when other dogs or people pass by she barks, but on the other hand she has the lovliest nature of any dog I have known and has been happy to have young children around her......

Lots of dogs bark a lot, it doesn't mean they are dangerous dogs

Dogs in France are allowed to bark if someone is illegally getting onto the property, and that is it. Truth is that dogs can be taught to 'speak', that people don't bother to train them and allow them to be a bloody nightmare for their neighbours is very bad.

I suppose these laws came in as so many people live in appts and constant barking would literally drive neighbours 'mad'.

edit, the Mairies can invoke the arrete prefecorale and do something about noisy animals.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Lots of dogs bark a lot, it doesn't mean they are dangerous dogs

[/quote]

We have owned dogs in the past and I agree a bark or two doesn't make it dangerous

The subtle difference here is the dogs have been trained / encouraged to show aggression in a previous life and run at the fence. They don't understand their role has changed.

Lets hope they settle into their new life as pets before anyone gets fed up with them.

" Beware of the dogs" signs have just gone up on the gates so maybe the owners see the problem.

Archived