Complete France Forum

Fishing License

yes any hunt or fishing shop will sell you a permit...you need a passport pic and 64E for the year for a catagory 1 permit...

worth every centime....

dont fish without one ...for 30 years in the uk I never got asked to see it once..here I get asked to see it twice a month...now all I want to do is see some of their fish...where are the blighters...!!!

monti

www.renovations24dordogne.com

Hi Monti, what type of fish do you go after? i fish locally, La Jemaye, and have no bother catching Roach, Bream, Zander and Pike with the odd Carp throw into the mix. If you need any help or perhaps instruction then PM me and we can set something up, Hugh.

[quote user="montagrier"]yes any hunt or fishing shop will sell you a permit...you need a passport pic and 64E for the year for a catagory 1 permit...
worth every centime....
dont fish without one ...for 30 years in the uk I never got asked to see it once..here I get asked to see it twice a month...now all I want to do is see some of their fish...where are the blighters...!!!

monti
[/quote]

I have some guests coming who want to fish in our river. I don't need a permit to fish in the bit that belongs to me but they do. They will be here for two weeks can they get like a weekly or monthly license?

You can also pick them up in tabacs and sometimes Maisons de la Presse.  It usually says in the window.  Just shows how it differs from departement to departement - no need for photos here in Manche.  I just got one for my husband's friend when he came over, you either get an annual one for, as montagrier says, about 64€, or a 15 day one for about 30€.

Hi,

If you use the following link, this should allow you to browse and find your local AAPPMA site. This gives all rules and regulations pertaining to the various areas in France.

http://www.pecheur.com/resultats-rub-pagine.asp?rub=122

Or google aappma followed by your region.

Incidentally, in the Haute Vienne you can now get a 1 day permit for just 8 euros that covers you for a wide range of rivers and lakes. Very useful for the Fair Weather AnglerSmile [:)]. I am not sure if this is nationwide yet.

Most Tabacs sell the permits, or sometimes supermarkets, and tackle shops of course.

Yours in sport,

Tony

www.flyfishinginfrance.com

[quote user="Quillan"]I don't need a permit to fish in the bit that belongs to me but they do.[/quote]

Are you sure ? I live in a water mill and the river runs through the house. I own the land both sides of the river both up and down stream and I have been officially told that if I want to fish (which I don't), then I need a license. However, apparently I can get one at half price as I own the land. Certainly my plans to dot exclude the river (i.e. the parcels do not explicitly finish on each bank of the river. However, it is more complex as the ricer is also a commune boundary so land on each side is on different plans.

Ian

[quote user="Deimos"] [quote user="Quillan"]I don't need a permit to fish in the bit that belongs to me but they do.[/quote]

Are you sure ? I live in a water mill and the river runs through the house. I own the land both sides of the river both up and down stream and I have been officially told that if I want to fish (which I don't), then I need a license. However, apparently I can get one at half price as I own the land. Certainly my plans to dot exclude the river (i.e. the parcels do not explicitly finish on each bank of the river. However, it is more complex as the ricer is also a commune boundary so land on each side is on different plans.

Ian

[/quote]

When we bought the property I asked several times about access to my land for people fishing and was told several times no. Come the opening of the fishing season we had a parade of fishermen through our garden. If we were just living here and not running a B&B it would not have been a real problem but with guests around the place and some ladies liking to sunbath topless in the garden it was a concern. I contacted the agent who sold the place to us and he was round like a shot. He told the fishermen to go and a fight nearly started as they said there is a 2M access rule (I think it's 2M) down each side of the river banks for them to access the river.

The agent wrote a letter to the Prefecture and the reply that came was to the effect that there is no right of way. There used to be one all the way down from source to Quillan for the log mills to get their logs from the forest but since the last mill closed that right had been removed as far down as the Formica bridge at Quillan. The letter then went on to say that we own half the width of the river and have the right to fish there with no permit as does my and my wifes parents and our children, anyone else must have a permit. In fact it went on further to say we can ban people fishing in our bit of the river, we can extract water, sand and other materials but we are also responcible for the enviromental condition of our part of the river and for anything falling in it like trees, river banks etc.

The thing was the old President of the fishing club (or whatever you want to call it) was charging the previous owner and everyone else who had houses on the river from source to Quillan 60 Euros per year to fish from their own garden which he was not entitled to do. We didn't know this and it came out in conversation with a local friend who then asked for a copy of the letter. The next thing we know is there are about 20 people demanding their money back from the (now ex) president of the fishing club which ran in to a lot of money. We actually don't stop people fishing, we did a 'deal' with the new president and said we don't mind providing they stayed out of the garden which is now what happens, any problems I just give him a call.

So no we don't pay, I have it in black and white plus copies of the relevent parts of  all documents explaining the above from the Prefecture (very helpful I have found). This may explain to some why I didn't know where to get a licence from as I don't need one. May I suggest you contact your Prefecture, my reply came from Direction Départementale de l'agriculture et de la forêt de l'Aude (Service de l'Espace Rural et de l'Environnement), I would assume all Precfectures have a simular named department. They should be able to tell you everything you need to know. Not even my local mayor appeared to know about this as he also asked for copies of the documentation.

[quote user="hughmandy"]Hi Monti, what type of fish do you go after? i fish locally, La Jemaye, and have no bother catching Roach, Bream, Zander and Pike with the odd Carp throw into the mix. If you need any help or perhaps instruction then PM me and we can set something up, Hugh.

[/quote]

There are fish .... and there are those little things I saw you pull out last week... !!!!

monti

www.renovations24dordogne.com

Archived